WHY DO I NEED AN INSPECTION?
A home is typically the largest investment you will make in your lifetime. Many defects in a home aren't easily visible and could cost you thousands. A Florida home inspection uncovers issues with a property before you buy, giving you the information you need to make an informed decision.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A HOME INSPECTION?
American Home Detectives provides the most comprehensive Florida home inspection reports in the industry. Each inspector utilizes years of general contracting experience and ongoing training to uncover defects that most companies overlook – leaving you feeling confident in your investment!
Our Florida home inspection reports and photos indicate the condition of the following components at the time of the inspection:
- Roofing-Material, Condition, Approximate Age, Lifespan, Defects Observed
- Plumbing-Meter and Valve Location, Plumbing Type(s), Spigots/Fixtures, Condition, Defects Observed
- Electrical-Meter/Panel Location(s), Service Type, Outlets/Fixtures, Wire Types, Condition, Defects Observed
- Lot Drainage-Opinion of Adequacy, Defects Observed
- Exterior Walls-Construction and Covering Type(s), Defects Observed
- Retaining Walls-Material, Defects Observed
- Irrigation Systems-Supply Type, Timer/Control Location, Defects Observed
- Windows and Doors-Material Types, Defects Observed
- Structural & Foundation-(Visible) Defects Observed
- Gutters and Downspouts-Defects Observed
- Driveways and Sidewalks-Material Type, Defects Observed
- Ceiling-Evidence of Water Intrusion/Settling, Defects Observed
- Flooring-Evidence of Water Intrusion/Settling, Defects Observed
- Plumbing-Plumbing Type(s), Fixtures, Condition, Defects Observed
- Electrical-Service/Distribution Panel Location(s), Outlets/Fixtures, Wire Types, Condition, Defects Observed
- Interior Walls-Evidence of Water Intrusion/Settling, Defects Observed
- Windows and Doors-Evidence of Water Intrusion/Settling, Proper Egress, Defects Observed
- Structural (Attic, Crawlspace/Basement)-Defects Observed
- A/C, Heat-System/Fuel Type(s), Component and Control Location(s), Make, Age, Lifespan, Defects
- Ventilation-Kitchen/Bath/General, Make, Defects
- Washer/Dryer-Make, Connections, Venting, Defects
- Water Heater(s)-System/Fuel Types, Equipment Location(s), Make, Age, Lifespan, Defects
- Major Appliances-Refrigerator, Stove, Oven, Dishwasher, Microwave-Make, Defects
- Swimming Pools and Spas – Structural and Electrical Components
HOW MUCH DOES A FLORIDA HOME INSPECTION COST?
Every house is a little unique and may require more or less inspecting (and more or less cost) depending on the situation. It is therefore best to contact us directly so that we can provide you with an accurate quote on your Florida home inspection.
We are priced very competitively within our local market. Remember, it can often be more costly NOT to have a home properly inspected.
* Not all systems/components pertain to every home inspected. The above list is intended to serve as an informative guide. Components inspected may differ from those listed, and are determined on a case-by-case basis.